High Temperature High Power Thermal Energy Storage
The exhibit does not represent the actual latent heat storage. It illustrates the individual project steps for designing the latent heat storage and the integration into the power plant process.
The latent heat storage unit being developed is based on a metallic phase change material as well as a metallic encapsulation. The thermal energy storage provides process heat or process steam in a temperature range between 250 °C and 550 °C and up to 55 barg.
- No metal-based PCM in the temperature range 250 °C – 550 °C in use so far
- Improved heat transfer properties due to significantly higher thermal conductivity of metals compared to currently used PCM
- No additional costs needed for heat transfer structures
- Less space required
- Power plant operators
- Industrial park operators
- Power plant constructors
- Manufacturer of heat exchangers
- Manufacturer of thermal energy storages