In our powerful and flexible test environments and laboratories and with the know-how of the independent and highly qualified experts of Fraunhofer Energy Research, we create realistic real-time simulations of complex energy grids. By coupling with real control systems, via industry standards such as CIM, these simulations are continuously fed with measurement data and updated in real time. A "digital image" of the real energy grid is created.
Digital images enable real-time testing of new types of operations without disrupting the real energy grid. Users can see in real time how a control or optimization affects the grid condition, try out extreme scenarios or simulate new types of equipment.
Our offer in the field of "Digital Twins" includes, among others, the following services:
- Realistic replication of your grid as a simulation, parallel to the grid condition in your control room.
- Live updating of the grid replica with control system data (e.g. via CIM or IEC interfaces).
- Development of novel operational management concepts and testing of these concepts using real-time replication (what-if simulations).
- Customized development of interfaces for your control software, for coupling with digital grid replication.
- Advice on planning and use for your application